Santa Special Cancelled
It is with regret that due to the ongoing Covid 19 situation, we have made the difficult decision to cancel our planned Santa Special day this year.
After much discussion, we really could not see a way of being able to run this event whilst maintaining social distancing. Setting up the event involves people working closely together, children would not be able to have the close-up grotto experience, we would be unable to offer gifts and having to restrict passengers to one bubble per carriage would mean we could not carry as many passengers within the time frame.
Of course social distancing restrictions may well improve by Christmas, but this event takes so much planning and organisation we felt it best to cancel now, rather than the club be left financially struggling if we do experience the predicted second wave winter lockdown.
RMR has reopened!
Sunday 1.00 to 4.00
We are hoping to operate a limited service during the summer with the following conditions:
- Socially distanced queuing at 2m intervals, for family bubbles of up to 6 persons
- 1 family bubble per carriage
- ALL children must be accompanied
- A one way system will be in operation
- Hand sanitiser will be available for use before travelling on our trains
- Unfortunately our wheelchair carriage will not be in service, due to volunteer social distancing restrictions
- No picnics within our site
- RMR Covid 19 Operational Risk Assessment
- Cash donations only, no change will be available. You can donate via the PayPal App or by clicking below
- For the most current information please visit our Facebook page
In 2019, Rotary International donated to RMR a
carriage able to take a wheelchair & two accompanying passengers