Since we finished running trains at the end of last year, with the popular santa special event we have been busy behind the scenes making the railway ready for another season of running trains and carrying passengers through the summer. We have all been very much looking forward to this and training had already started to get us ready to start the 2020 season, but as we all know, unfortunately, sometimes plans are disrupted.
We are a voluntary organisation with several members in the most vulnerable groups and additionally our railway does tend to generate crowds on the station, However we are thinking about re-opening following strict government guidelines regarding social distancing and sanitisation.
We are hoping to operate a limited service during the summer with the following conditions:
- Socially distanced queuing at 2m intervals, for family bubbles of up to 6 persons
- 1 family bubble per carriage
- ALL children must be accompanied
- A one way system will be in operation
- Hand sanitiser will be available for use before travelling on our trains
- Unfortunately our wheelchair carriage will not be in service, due to volunteer social distancing restrictions
- No picnics within our site
- RMR Covid 19 Operational Risk Assessment
- Cash donations only, no change will be available. You can donate via the PayPal App or by clicking below
- For the most current information please visit our Facebook page
In 2019, Rotary International donated to RMR a
carriage able to take a wheelchair & two accompanying passengers